Tiny Font roundup.
June 11, 2002 4:27 AM
There are many miniature fonts out there in the world, but you probably won't ever need any more than the following...
- Sevenet is a good little 7 pixel font with a semi-serif version that's kinda cool if you are looking for a change from pure tiny pixelisms.
- Mini7 is a font that you have to pay for, which, in today's world, means you probably won't be using it, but I think it's still a great little font that includes a monotype version.
- Silkscreen is free and is an 8 pixel size bitmap font that is pretty well rounded (in terms of size, clarity, width, etc).
- The 04 fonts are pretty small, but not necessarily tiny. They range from the 8 to 12 pixel range and are pretty stylized compared to Silkscreen.
- Tiny is probably the least readable of the bunch, but is equally the least tall. It's only 4 pixels tall.
Remember, that tiny fonts are just that, tiny, and they usually don't help the usability quotient of a site.
Edit: this post was updated on June 23, 2011 to fix some out of date URLs and to add one entry. Enjoy.