My HTML isn't valid, oh well.
January 16, 2003 11:02 AM
Someone ran my site thru the W3C validator yesterday, and if this were grade school, I'd get an F on my report
. I'm not really too upset about it for a few reasons...
- This isn't grade school
- This pages renders as intended in Mac IE 5.x
- This pages renders mostly as intended in Mac Chimera
- This pages renders as intended in PC IE 5.x thru 6.x
- This pages renders mostly as intended in Mozilla 1.0
- This pages renders mostly as intended in Opera 5 and 6
- This pages renders as mostly as intended in Safari
- This page is available as RSS 2.0, and more people get their IMX news from that source anyway
- Perfectly validating HTML doesn't really get me that much
- Rendering as intended is more important than validating for what this site is intended to do (ie, NOT be an XML/XSLT based web app)
The next rev of IMX will raise the bar in terms of validation, but I will only earn a B or B+ at best because some stuff breaks in Mac IE 5 if I go full bore HTML 4.01 strict, and dealing with that issue would likely force me to adopt drastic measures